Certain Businesses Allowed to Reopen Under Strict Safety Guidelines -Published on May 04, 2020
By following the proper health and safety guidelines these businesses will be permitted to begin operations on Monday, May 4 at 12:01 a.m.:
- Garden centres and nurseries with curbside pick-up only;
- Lawn care and landscaping;
- Construction projects, including shipping and logistics, broadband and digital infrastructure, municipal and schools, as well as site preparation for institutional, commercial; industrial or residential development;
- Automatic and self-serve car washes;
- Car dealerships, open by appointment only; and
- Marinas and golf courses will be permitted to begin preparing their operations for the season.
In partnership with Ontario’s health and safety associations, the government has developed more than 60 guidelines in response to COVID-19. These sector specific measures will help employers prepare their workplaces so they can be reopened safely and ensure workers, customers and the general public are protected.
Learn more here: Certain businesses allowed to reopen under strict safety guidelines