Ontario Supports Small Main Street Businesses with $60 Million in Funding through PPE GrantPublished on November 18, 2020
Main Street's small businesses are the cornerstone of our communities, and helping them get back on their feet is critical to Ontario's recovery.
That's why the government is continuing to take major steps on the road to recovery by providing support to help Main Street businesses adapt to the demands and challenges of the pandemic, and pursue new opportunities for growth and success.
Our new Main Street Recovery Plan builds on more than $10 billion in urgent relief and support provided through the COVID-19 Action Plan — while maintaining or enhancing protections for public health, safety and the environment.
The plan consists of the proposed Main Street Recovery Act and Ontario’s Small Business Strategy, alongside new programs and policy changes. Altogether, it offers a comprehensive package of supports, services, and modernization opportunities to help more small businesses recover from the economic effects of COVID-19. The plan includes:
- A one-time grant of up to $1,000 for eligible main street small businesses — in retail, food and accommodations, and other service sectors — with two to nine employees to help offset the unexpected costs of personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Ontario’s Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Network, which links 47 Small Business Enterprise Centres across the province as places where small businesses can access tailored advice and information on local, provincial and federal programs;
- Digital Main Street Squads to help small businesses grow online;
- Mental health supports for families, frontline workers, young people, children, and Indigenous communities;
- Ontario’s Small Business Recovery Webpage to provide single window access to small business supports.
Through the Main Street Recovery Plan, small businesses will be able to apply for and easily access the support they need to reopen safer, rehire faster, and re-emerge from this crisis stronger than before.
For news release, click here