Return of the HousePublished on September 15, 2020
The government has returned to the legislature with a robust legislative agenda which will build on the work undertaken over the summer, with a focus on job creation, skills training, attracting investment, strengthening communities and fortifying the front lines of the province’s health care system.
Premier Ford has reaffirmed the government's focus on implementing a made-in-Ontario plan for growth, renewal, and long-term recovery. This summer, the government worked tirelessly to protect individuals, families and businesses during one of the most difficult periods in our province’s history. Through a special summer sitting of the legislature, this government worked across party lines, to quickly pass important programs and protective measures. Over the past few weeks, we have heard from people in Newmarket and Aurora, as well as every corner of the province and from all walks of life that they continue to feel the impact of the pandemic each and every day. This fall, the government’s legislative agenda will build on the work undertaken over the summer, including:
- Investing in Ontario’s health care system to ensure the province is prepared for a potential second wave of COVID-19.
- Building Ontario’s production capacity for personal protective equipment, ventilators and other medical gear.
- Protecting families and those most vulnerable and helping them get back on their feet as the province reopens.
- Helping young people and workers receive the skills training they need to join the modern workforce and contribute to the recovery of the province.
- Accelerating the construction of critical highway, transit and broadband infrastructure projects to create jobs in communities across Ontario.
- Providing relief to Mainstreet Ontario and small business owners so they can recover from the impact of COVID-19 faster.
- Creating the conditions to bring investment and jobs to the province and world-class, Ontario-made products to consumers around the world.
Read more about the province’s fall legislative priorities: Click Here